So we're left with watching the LCS series on Fox and TBS. After 5 played games, I have some thoughts.
- To this point Texas is a much better team than New York. Think about this: the Rangers are one bad seven hitter sequence away from leading this series 3-0. I didn't think they'd be up 2-1 at this point, and I suspect most folks didn't either.
- It's funny to see the Yankee series relegated to TBS. And satisfying too; at least now the country will be treated to some of the MLB's other good teams.
- This Phillies/Giants series is going seven. Neither team is hitting much right now anyway, and the pitching both have has been dominant. I just don't see either team pulling away, unless the Giants start to activate and start Barry Zito.
- You think Cody Ross is going to see any more inside fastballs this series?
- The Yankees series hopes rest on AJ Burnett's right arm. Good luck, New York. Although I say that knowing Burnett will probably throw a 2-hitter over 7 innings tonight.