Friday, November 4, 2011

Padres beat the Cardinals

Apologies for the hiatus.  Baseball's playoffs got in the way.

This won't be a long post.  Just a quick explanation of what's going on that I can't pack into 140 characters.  Many/most of you probably know I have two blogs that I author:  this one, and Stan Musial's Stance, which as the name implies focuses on the Cardinals.  As much as I would have liked to keep both going, it became increasingly difficult to put up well-thought out commentary on both sites.

Well as well-thought out commentary as you're ever likely to get from me.

Once the Cardinals completed their exhilarating run to the 2011 championship, I took a hard look at where I should focus my attention and the Padres won out.  This area is my home now, I see significantly more Padres games on a yearly basis than Cardinal contests, and I'm immersed in Padres source material from the SDUT and XX1090 (as well as my fellow Padres bloggers).

This may be the first time the Padres have beaten out the Cardinals at anything.

So here we go.  There are a lot of good Padres blogs out there and I hope you add this one to your rotation of weekly reads.  I will be posting as my schedule allows but promise at least 2 posts per week.  The occasional Cardinal-themed post may appear - hopefully that won't put you off too much - but the majority of topics will be Padres commentary and SABR-focused articles on the team.

Thanks in advance for reading.   Looking forward to interacting with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment